I have a 2001 honda passport that has a cht sensor problem..what is a cht sensor and how much will it cost..?

40

Asked by Aug 05, 2013 at 07:10 PM

Failed aps .failed tps..failed cht sensor

it is a cylinder head temperature sensor~ here's some prices~

Best Answer Mark helpful

...that ain't too much...couple of airport cappuccinos~

...good work...mark helpful...

40

Thanx roy...can u tell me were it is located on engine..?

okay this teardown shows it...so many pictures...will find it in here...just have to keep lookin'~_____ http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2950764

I'm seeing to sensors adjacent the heater core outlet...one is a temp sensor and the other has to be the CHT sensor....must be...I ain't seein' no other plug in sensors...think it's the one on the right with a shoulder on it~

40

Thanx again roy ur freakin awsome..

I don't believe that your chassis ground is not securely attached...the problem is that the startermotor will pull "WELD" amperages to get the start goin'...this unfortunately is the ONLY place where the chassis ground gets to see the negative side of your battery...as time goes on...with every start this blue welding corrodes by re-welding again and again with each start....SO you've got to find a coarse wirebrush and undo the bolt wirebrush the ground to metal and remove the corrosion from the lug...in the process will reset the ECU and give reliable ground to the Brain of your system...delicate electronics that consume about 750 mA in the same current stream as the big hunkin' 300 or more WELD Amperage...providing a reliable ground? not likely....get that crap out of the main connection for a reliable ground to your ECU and not only will the codes vanish but will NOT be reappearing soon...best of luck on this....wear safety goggles~

unreliable ground puts "sand in the stew"...of course 99.9 percent of these gurus here are going to say "you're out of your mind"...but it's science...ain't nothin' else~