i just changed cap and rotor,being very careful to put wires back where they belong.now acts like way out of time. 1995 f150 5.8

Asked by Aug 05, 2013 at 07:33 AM

changed cap and rotor.taking great care to put wires back in right order.now acts like way out of time.won't start just bucks

210,495

Maybe the distributor moved when you were replacing the parts and it wasn't tightned down and moved. Check the bolt and reset the timing if that is the issue. Also look at the spout connector near the distributor, it might have loosened up or fell out. Also check the locations of the plug wires again, they might be swapped. I always only take one wire off at time to avoid this issue, and or mark the locations with a sharpie.

1,020

if it was OK before you changed the wires and now its not OK, check the tune up specs and double check those wires