How much would this cost me to revive a '39 Chevy with suicide doors? estimate please~

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 06:51 PM

have been looking for running boards and suicide doors...Is this one TOO far gone?
http://www.antiquecar.com/index.php?a=2&b=37855

doesn't seem like all the body pieces are there....would have to have an eye-to-eye sitdown~

24,095

Wow!! Now THAT'S a classic car, Judge! You've definitely got your work cut out for you, if you were to buy this. I'm by no means a classic car expert, but I think you'd have to spend a good deal of money to get her fixed up and road worthy again!

24,095

To your point, you are missing a LOT of body panels, including the entire hood and trunk, new engine is a given I would think as well.

Best Answer

yes...I was hoping to divorce myself from the 216 splash oiler and put a new fuel-injected chevy motor in that....but I'm thinking though we can see body panels here and there....why would anyone take the rockers off? this is a little too nutty~

looks like we have a hood at least...the running boards? this one is too far gone, I think...even if I had all the pieces don't have a garage to work in and would have to put it together on the sand here~

24,095

Let's call the guys at "Extreme Makeover: Classic Cars" and see if they we can get a 15 man crew of car restoration experts to put her back together! But seriously though, this is a really big job as a DIY project...way too much for 1 person, IMO. I'm sure you'll find another one that'll be easier to handle!

209,855

You'll probably spend more money than what it is worth especially if you have others do the work for you. I'd pass.