how do i know that its the transmission that causes the van from driving within 2to 4 miles it heated up and shut down now it wont drive

Asked by Jul 29, 2013 at 03:03 PM

help to fifed this transmission

If the transmission slips after getting hot, the first thing I would say is to look at the fluid. #1 - Does it seem like the fluid is brown and not red ?, #2 - Does the fluid smell burnt ? #3 - Does it work in any gear after it warms up ? If your answer is "yes" to the first two questions and "no" to the last question, you need a new transmission.

doubt the transmission could shut down operation of the motor, but "heating up" know transmissions DO have lines to the radiator to keep 'em cool...check your transmission fluid level with the engine running in Park...should be between the full hot and full cold marks...check the smell it should not be black or smell burnt~

is the parking brake on? seems like perhaps the brakes are never said what year of the vehicle, but if it has "traction control" or anti-lock brakes could be a flaw in the system what puts the brakes on...need to know what year to investigate this~