I am test driving a silver 2006 BMW Z4 i black soft top that has 60,000 miles sometime today. The car appears inn good shape and has been only to Corpus Christi BMW dealership for routine service. Had two owners, both put less than 10,000 miles/year. The used car BMW dealer is asking $18,400. I have checked around on comparisons but some are not helpful. Is this a fair price? Also, should I ask for a extended warranty? Do these order Z4s have reliablility issues?

Asked by Jul 26, 2013 at 09:54 AM

Checking to see if this is a fair deal and is the miles on the used Z4 a concern. Car has 60,000 miles, silver color, black soft top, metallic trim interior, automatic, 215hp, paddle shifters on wheel. Black Leatherette seats

246,935

Clean trade- in is $16K, retail is $19K. I'm sure you can drop the price to $18K or less. I never buy extended warranties, more so on a used car. Pocket that payment each month in a savings account to pay for future repairs. All cars will have some issues. If your concerned about your purchase, tell the dealer you want your local mechanic/BMW indy shop to look it over for you before you purchase it. It's a called a PPI or pre purchase insection. Might cost you a few bucks, but piece of mind is everything. That way you know what your getting into. Here is a link to a BMW that I frequent that will give you some more information on repairs and maintenance. Good Luck on your future purchase! .....http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?235-E85-E86-Common-Problems-and-DIY-Fixes

Thanks. that is what I wanted to know