I have a 1991 chevy lumina 3.1 it starts abd runs for 5-10 seconds then sputters and dies it starts right back up but does the same I tested the fuel pressure held at 40 psi and when running held at 36 psi when it stalls it goes back to 40 psi has new temp sensor and map sensor what else could it be?

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 09:42 PM

The car starts and runs for 5-10 seconds then sputters and dies it starts right back up and does the same tested the fuel pump holds at 40 psi when key is on but not running 36 psi running and goes back to 40 psi when it stalls has new temp sensor and map sensor what else can the problem be?

70,265

Could be a bad IAC (idle air control valve). I'd strongly suspect the IAC if it keeps running if you give it gas. HTH. -Jim