2003 ford ranger manual transmission 2.3 liter loosing power when driving

Asked by Jul 25, 2013 at 03:13 PM

its like I just started it up today and it is hesitating badly when I press the gas I think it is the spark plugs but I changed them a year ago no problems in neutral when I rev the engine just when I am driving I barely made it to work today

97,095

If you used platinum plugs they should be good, have you checked your fuel pressure and flow? A plugged fuel filter can cause what you are describing.

actually I found out a cylinder is misfiring and there is oil on one of the spark plugs

97,095

Run a compression test first, you may wind up having to pull the head to find the problem.