I bought a car, now how do I stop people from contacting me.

10

Asked by Jul 23, 2013 at 04:32 PM

25,625

Suzannacoles1...I know EXACTLY what you mean! Since you may have inquired about cars at multiple Dealers, that will continue to e-mail and/or call you. I bought an SUV in January and I STILL get random e-mails (but only once in a blue moon at this point). I would suggest e-mailing the Dealers back and tell them you already bought a car and to PLEASE take you OFF of their "prospective buyer" list (Same with anyone who calls you). Also, you can block the sender in most e-mail programs, so that their e-mail address is rejected by your e-mail server or automatically placed in your Junk Folder.

10

THANK YOU RACER Thank you Racer X...sorry Cody, I meant that I used carguru to contact multiple dealers, and now that I have bought a car I want to know how to stop the influx of offers from all of them. Does that make more sense?

25,625

Glad I could help! Also, at the bottom of some of the Dealer e-mails, there may be a "Click to Unsubscribe from future mailings". I used to get ones like "We realize you chose to buy your SUV at another Dealer, but keep us in mind when it's time to buy your next vehicle"...or the occasional call from a Sales Rep "We've STILL got that car you're looking for!" ....Don't worry, they'll soon realize that they won't be getting your business and stop bugging you!