I done a motor swap in my 95 dodge ram 1500 now I'm not getting power to the distributor from the plug on the wiring harness what could be my problem

5

Asked by Jul 23, 2013 at 08:41 AM

Is there any juice at the ignition switch? have you looked over the fuses? The system GROUND (1/0 battery cable supposed to connect to the chassis/frame and to the motor block) should be present...many electrical problems begin when this 1/0 cable after having welded itself to the frame no longer issues a dependable ground...so even if it seems okay might be makin' with the "brown out" power (on the ground side)~

...a coarse wirebrush, after disassembling the 1/0 cable and scratchin' up the area in contact may just be the thing what gives reliable ground here~