Stut Replacement & Cam Bolt Kit

Asked by Jul 22, 2013 at 04:00 PM

The mechanics at my local Goodyear Service Center suggested I have strut replacement
and a cam bot kit repair work done.  The vehicle is a 2008 Subaru Imprezza Outback
Sport wagon w/ 50,000 mi..  What are your thoughts?  I've been with these guys for
several years, mostly for oil changes & tire replacements.  My sense they are up front in their dealings, however, they've given me a quote of $786.25, including a wheel alignment, and I just didn't want to get handled?  Thanks, your help is much appreciate.

My suggestion would be to take it to a shop that specialize in working on your specific car. GoodYear does overall general mechanics work and tires, where they aren't good at detail specs of your vehicle. Subaru isn't a easy car to tune to begin with, and it is a very unite vehicle to tune up. As you know you, parts for your car isn't cheap when major work is needed. I would shop around b4 you move on Goodyear, I would probably be looking for japanese auto mechanics that has quite a bit of vehicles going in and out. Have everything in writing b4 you start any type of work performed. What state are you in?