I hAVE a mitsubishi gALant 2001 and it overheats I put in antifreeze I changed the lower radiator hose it still runs hot what could posibly be the causes for this

20

Asked by Jul 21, 2013 at 04:53 PM

20

im really stumped here I rely on this car to get back and forth to work any advice would be greatly appreciated

112,075

Does it mainly run hot when you are stopped at red lights and such and cool down as you are at highway speeds?

try replacing the thermostat

112,075

If it does as I stated above check the fans in front of radiator. They should be coming on at idle to cool engine down. If they are not coming on that's probably your issue.

20

actually I looked at it and it lookd like something is backing the antifreeze from the motor because its leaking right under the fuel injector is that fixable without going to a mechanic

112,075

Is it the v6 motor or 2.4L 4 cylinder

20

2.4 4cylinder

112,075

That is close to where your lower radiator hose hooks up isn't it? Or is it on the other end of engine?