Can a old beetle engine completely die from over heating?

RLine Jombola

Asked by Jul 17, 2013 at 08:54 AM

I was in a road and the next thing I
saw a white smoke coming from the
engine and the smell of oil,then
when I check one plug was out,so I
tried taking it back n start,it did not.
So am not sure if I can buy new
plugs n its cables that will it be okay
or its dead

yes...yes it can...usually starts smokin' and puffin' to beat the band...reduces power and will not accelerate..The number 3 cylinder has an oil cooler above it...there is a thermostat that opens up the air flaps...most mechanics ignore them...perhaps they weren't letting air through...had about seven beetles and a squareback and though an aircooled concept is nice (because you don't need coolant) knowing if the motor is overheating is a's only 40 or so horsepower...we expect a Toyota, sell the polluter would be my advise...once they are broiled they are hard to start and hard to sell~....cute little car....was~

Never have I serviced an air-cooled beetle that was not a gross polluter...they weren't thinking SMOG when they re-designed it...get rid of is a Toyota...(any model)...the pinnacle of reliability~

convert it to electric for a "voltswagon"---- /200369951280?hash=item2ea6fad230&vxp=mtr