I need 2 new tires for my LS. I am a Realtor so I need to have a safe tire. What is the BEST tire for my car?

5

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 07:09 PM

24,105

Suzie...We need to know more about your car. "LS" could be a trim level for several cars. Are you talking about a Lexus??

24,105

or maybe a Lincoln LS??

5

Sorry. ..yes a Lincoln LS. Typo and brain interruption. I know nothing about tires. What should I buy and how much should I pay?

24,105

Assuming you have approx. a 2006 Lincoln LS or maybe older? IF it's a 2006, I suggest going with the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) tire that was on the vehicle when it was built (Yes there are other options). Can't go wrong with the OEM though...Your tire size is 235/50-17 and the OEM tire is: Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Grand Touring All-Season. Check http://www.tirerack.com for other alternatives (and/or if you have an older LS).

5

It's a 2001 Lincoln LS with 54000 miles. It's starting to have real issues but it's paid for and the low miles make me want to fix it. It needs 2 tires, steering fluid leaks and something that connects the steering to the wheels is worn. the right side view mirror got knocked off by persons unknown and it needs a paint job. I know it isn't worth a lot but if I do all the work it's still a beautiful car. So I'm trying to figure out what to do. Husband is no help :-)

24,105

For the 2001, there are 2 possible tire sizes, according to Tire Rack.com..see this link: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SelectTireSize.jsp?autoMake=Lincoln&autoModel=LS+V6&autoYear=2001&autoModClar= ----------- I'm guessing that the 2 tires that need replacing are just have worn tread and aren't flat. What are the condition of the other 2...new or nearly new? If so, I'd consider replacing with the same tire, so that you have the same tread pattern all the way around. I would still have the 2 "good ones" checked...You REALLY never know! Case in point, I went to have ONE tire replaced on a Volvo a few years back, tire shop said the other 3 had dry rot, so I ended replacing ALL 4. Have the steering fluid leak and what sounds like a connecting rod to the wheels checked A.S.A.P. by a mechanic....BOTH issues are serious safety concerns. Mirror will need replacing (you might be able to find one cheap at a car scrapyard....tell Hubby to go on-line and look for that...I'm no car mechanic myself..but hell...I can do THAT!). Save the paint job for last...see if you can get a good quote and shop around for that. Question: Are you using this car to show off houses with? In the shape it's in, you really shouldn't be!

5

No I'm not driving it more than a few blocks. I would never have a client in it like this. You gave me some good advice. I'll get the tires and get the other stuff done. I got an estimate of close to 1k from Pep Boys. I have another guy's name too. He comes highly recommended. I have to get this done. I know it will cost more than the car is worth bit until now I have never had a problem with it. I'l probably end up at Maaco for the paint. :-( thanks