2000 Subaru Outback wont start

Asked by Jul 09, 2013 at 02:35 PM

Was intermittant at starting and would stop running while driving down the road.  Then it completely stopped starting.  Replaced starter and alternator.  Still won't start.  Please give a clue of what to do next.  When you turn the ignition you can hear the belts go around but not start

"would stop running while driving down the road" could be a fuel problem or a spark problem- is all the maintenance up to date? (fuel filter, spark plugs, cap and rotor, etc.) there are ways to check for fuel being delivered and ways to check for spark being delivered- check those, but if you are an amateur, I'm not going to tell you how to do it 'cause you could get hurt-