As you prepare to fire up the grill today

106,085

Asked by Jul 04, 2013 at 09:16 AM

Lets take a moment to remember that there are those that will not be able to be with their
families and loved ones today due to their service to our country.  It is because of these
great men and woman that we are able to live in the land of the free.  May God bless and
keep them safe in their travels until they are able to return home to their loved ones.

25,005

Thanks for this message, dandyoun...People tend to lose sight of this and just say "woo hoo...I have a day off"...Let's also not forget the soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the wars of years past (WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc) in service to our country.

Best Answer
106,085

So true Racer_X. I am humbled by the sacrifices made for us by them and their families.

Fireworks are cool sure, but meaningless. I'm a big pussy and cry when I watch them because I for one know the real reason behind them.

20,985

I am very grateful to all American veterans- Thank You for your service

20,985

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." George S. Patton

We are the terrorists who terrorized the Native American population...and it did not stop there continued to the "bloody Island massacre" in the mid-1850's....do not know why you FEEL LIKE A MAN when you can put little holes in people for all the blood to leak out...feel no pride in our behavior of the past and am rather ashamed that this is the way we celebrate...by torturing ALL of god's little creatures with explosions~

btw, my Grandfather fought at the "battle of the bulge" toward the end of WW-II...still have his burial flag~....makes me too sad to fly it~...it would get stolen around here~

they did not pass the bill to help our veterans....A Coffee Can and piece of Cardboard to make a sign with seems to be our way of thanking them for putting their lives on the line~~not proud of our congress.....shame and fury~!

20,985

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed." Dwight D. Eisenhower

25,005

@Judge Roy...I disagree about your comment on the collective "WE" (meaning ALL Americans) being responsible for the terror and destruction of the Native American Indian way of life, which continues to present day, IMHO. Not everyone in America participated in this heinous act (my people did not, but this doesn't change the situation). I probably would not have commented on this, except for the fact that this is a sore spot for me. Native Americans were here FIRST and are now living in reservations with no real presence or power in our present day society....they're like outcasts. Sure, they have tribal rights and each one of them get paid $$ from whatever their casinos bring in + they produce a TON of cigarettes that sold all over the USA. We don't have a day to commemorate the injustices done to them...Ok...let me get off my soapbox now.

@Racer_X...yes....you have a point...don't stab anyone with it~