I just replaced the struts on my 2001 Nissan Altima today, (it has 140,000 mi on it)

Asked by Jul 01, 2013 at 11:58 PM

and also had a tire replaced which had busted--the third tire to do so in about 6 months. I
put $1500 into the car today. It still makes noise when I drive it. Is there something I can
do about this? I just don't feel like this car is going to last, and yet the Midas I brought it
to told me this kind of car can go 350000 before dying. I don't want to waste my money.
Did I today?

You did not waste it- nobody rides for free- but that's a chunk of cash for a car with 140K- you fixed the car up- and struts are very important- now you can sell it with a clear conscience for maybe $2000 if the paint and interior are good- what was the alternative? sell it to some poor trusting young family with dangerously blown struts? this car is not going to last without lots of little (and maybe big) things going wrong- you can feel it, listen to your instincts- game is difficult to play- it is hard to be able to afford a stylish low mileage car that has build quality and makes you feel good without continuously pouring huge sums of cash into repairs- (small sums are to be expected)- 350K miles?! OK but you will be broke and destitute trying to get it there

What kind of noise does it make?