what should it cost to replace/rebuild a 2000 Dodge 4X4 p/u

10

Asked by Jun 27, 2013 at 05:52 PM

it won't go into park

If it indeed needs a rebuilt transmission, depending on where you are, prices and labor vary greatly from say Manhattan to Podunk, anywhere from $1,000 to $3000 including labor. But just because it won't go in to park, make sure it's not linkage, just a shift solenoid, or something like that. Aamco ads say "half the people that come in don't need a new transmission. The ad should say "Half the people that come on we stick it to them for a new transmission

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

LoL.... gotta love ya! Thank you and your so right! I'm in Missouri, my problem is I'm a woman so every time I ask a Mechanic anything they want to "Stick it to Me" I once thought I had a friend in the business, till I found out All he wanted to do was stick it to me!

Hey....I'm a gentleman, I promise. No innuendo in MY answer! Best of luck.

10

yes, No Offence taken I was just agreeing with you.....Thank you for the information

I know you were. And since I have no life, time to kill, I researched Missouri....From Kansas City to a random small Town I threw a dart at my screen on Google Earth and it hit a place in Polk County called Bolivar. In KC it would cost you $2200 for a rebuilt transmission installed, and rebuilt really is good as new. In Bolivar the response I got was "Y'all are gonna have to take it to Springfield"...so I tried that and there it can be done for $1800. That sort of unscientific experiment proves nothing, but indicates my theory that the smaller the City/Town the less expensive labor is. Very few shops, even transmission specialty shops, actually rebuild transmissions on the premises....they send it out out and the one you get is not the same one you had and got rebuilt. It's a swap.