2007 Honda Odyssey Transmission question: I just bought my odyssey with ~97k miles. I noticed when shifting to Drive it takes almost 2-3 seconds to go into gear. It seems to lag a bit, should I be concerned? It goes into reverse just fine and in gear promptly. Please, any help is much appreciated.

Asked by Jun 25, 2013 at 08:32 PM

buying a used car is always a gamble- a zen exercise to "see the car's aura" and "feel it's vibes"- we always fear a tranny going out or an engine exploding- the ultimate nightmares- might be a little like horse trading back in the day- get a horse, ride 10 miles down the trail and boom! keels over dead- rid yourself of anxiety and drive it- if the problem seems to get worse, longer lag time, slipping even a little bit- get it to a tranny shop-

First easy thing is to contact the seller. If it's a dealer, see if they will fix or comensate you. Check the fluid level.