Does a Volvo s60 2005 with 175K miles has some life left in it

Asked by Jun 18, 2013 at 06:13 PM

If your thinking of buying, pay a fair price, and get a PPI done before purchase. Search the Volvo forums for common issues to find out if you want to deal with the car as it gets older. Volvo's are known to last if you take care of them.

There are a LOT of older Volvos still on the road today for a very good reason! They are extremely well built, durable cars...Also, as was stated already, with proper attention to maintenance, they will prove to be quite reliable as well. I had a 2006 Volvo S40 (which I bought used in 2008 with low miles...drove her till almost 40k miles and my parents bought it from me in 2012 to replace a near dead '95 Chevy Lumina). Car was and is damn near bulletproof..only replaced tires, cabin air filter and battery when I owned it. IF the previous owner(s) maintained it properly..then YES, it still has some life left. Keep in mind that it is a European car and repairs aren't cheap compared to Japanese or American cars.

Best Answer