my temp light came on and my temperature on my engine went up

Asked by Jun 15, 2013 at 07:21 AM

the engine gauge in my 1996 jeep went on and the temperature on the gauge went up to
the high level. I turned the car off, several hour later After the car cooled down i checked
the oil, it was low so i added a quart. the radiator was not low in fluid . The next day i
statred the car. it sounded rough and when i reved the engine white smoke can out the
back?

254,805

It could be the famous leaking headgasket, and coolant in the oil? Do you see coolant leaking anywhere? Perform a compression check of all cylinders in the engine to determine if in fact it is the headgasket before you tear into the motor. Could have been a stuck thermostat that got you in the hot range.