1998 plymouth breeze 2.0 wont start after replacing fuel pump crank senser and camshaft senser basicy all ellectricall sensers and not getting power to fuel pump or the engine period so it will start ?

Asked by Jun 14, 2013 at 08:43 PM

put a tester on the fuel pump, switch you key to the on position...there should be +12Volts there....if there isn't we need to check you fuel pump relay...if there is you have a bad fuel pump~

Hey---there's a "magic red button" which needs to be pressed to restore fuel pressure~

no one knows a plastered thing about this button...gonna have to reach real deep here...one guy said try unplugging and re-plugging the ASD (automatic shut-down relay).....although all sources say this button isn't anywhere on the vehicle, why does it show up looking for the fuel pump relay?....has to be either driver's side footwell (access panel) or in the trunk/behind the rear seat in my travels...again these are just guesses as mfrs get touchy when it comes to potential lawsuits~

the BWD/Intermotor tells us this is an imported SOHC engine...a mitsubishi is typically what they use~

Car was running when we replaced fuel pump, replaced because of bad performance, stalling issuses, low fuel pressure, car did not want to start thought it might be a kinked line because everything is tight in the area and did not replace the filter because it was not even 2 years old since we changed it, but when replaced filter car started right up. Tried to cut corners and save money and time and that cost me all of the above. Replace both even if you don"t think you need it.