I just purchased a 2013 Hyundai Accent HatchBack GS...is the car key laser or not? I wanted a "hideout" key...Car came with 2 keys n 2 remote fobs.

30

Asked by Jun 13, 2013 at 05:09 PM

by hideout, you mean the magnetic clutch box with sliding lid that you can hide your key in, then stick it to the inside of the wheel well?...are they tryin' to go "keyless" on us?....to the fobs do exactly what the key does or is there an aggressive steering wheel interlock?

30

No judge_roy what I was asking is my car key which Is laser(I just found out)....Can a spare key be purchased n cut elsewhere? NOT at the dealership as they want $89 for the blank key n laser cutting it...I dont need another fob transmitter

30

Opps! forgot to address hideout key question...yes... I want to put a key in the little magnetic case n hide it on my car...And yes there are totally keyless cars. ....my sister drives one.(Im old school I WANT a key in my ignition switch).on her car.the fob does it all! !! With my key I can physcially open my door or I can use my fob n I must use key in the swirch! Yeaaa :-)

...so far the robot has not given us a reason to trust this technology...you are right....pushbutton analog everything....like MINI~ not at all like the Japanese~

are you happy with this untested, unproven...yet affordable {driving machine}?~

30

Only have had it since 7:13 pm June 13th But I've always liked the Hyundai.... I had been leaning towards the Honda Fit Sport but after driving them both SEVERAL times.... Hyundai won out...Though... I LOVED my Honda CRV 4WD! Id been driving it since 2000 n would STILL be driving it today had not a drunk driver hit me n totalled it!!!

2,165

you could get a copy at any lock smith place or any place that makes keys for less than $10.

30

nosmo.... The key is a laser cut I just found out...so far today Ive found no one locally that can laser cut it :-(