Has anyone used "inspect my ride" before buying a used car?

25

Asked by Jun 12, 2013 at 08:51 AM

We are looking into getting a used silverado SS 2003-2005 so i am a little leery of the
reliability and wondering if anyone has had experience with "inspect my ride" or getting a
local shop to look at used cars.

I have no personal experience with "Inspect my Ride" but I researched it and you might want to read up at: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/inspect-my-ride-inspectmyridecom-horrible-service-c595009.html That site and others have posts...well decide that for yourself..I have no stake in it. Carfax is a long proven reliable source, that I do know.

96,725

Same here, I haven't heard many good things about"inspect my Ride" your best bet is if you find what you are looking for take it to a shop you trust that has a used car checklist and have it done, it is money well spent. The shop is usually very thorough because they want to find everything they can that needs attention in the hope that if you do buy the vehicle that you will bring it back and have the repairs done there. i did these in my shop and had a lot of returns to follow up with the repairs after they purchased the vehicle.

25

thanks guys.. i should have added i am looking to drive 600 miles to do a trade so i was hoping to get it looked at before i got everything in place.