2003 Honda Accord auto trans will shift fine when cold but after about 5 miles it will go into neutral then you can make it shift if you manually shift it. Trans has just been rebuilt. Any ideas?

98,545

Asked by Jun 10, 2013 at 08:54 PM

No codes, no flashing lights, fluid is full and clean.

I'd look at the transmission mounts affecting the position of the shifter and drop-down link~ hobble under there with a mechanic's prybar and try to separate the mount noting the splitting of the rubber (butyl rubber is shit after five years) this change in geometry could explain this...change in operating temp.???possibly~

98,545

This car has been well maintained, it has new motor mounts, trans mount belts, hoses, radiator. The tranny was replaced with a re manufactured unit because they were told it was the transmission that was bad so now I got it try to find the problem, I'm not up on the newer Hondas but this acts like a computer problem. Anyone had something similar?

isn't there an adjustable linkage, my friend (a link with a grabber and setscrew) that needs to be aligned with the shifter....shifter position N, and actuator at N. bang tighten the screw...or perhaps a turnbuckle that you rotate to hone in on the home position...something like this...a physical concern~

if no better get AAMCO er MAACO or a tranny shop for a fixin' then~