What is clicking noice when trying to start Mazda Miata

20

Asked by Jun 03, 2013 at 12:30 PM

When I tried to start my 2001 Mazda Miata it wouldn't turn over.  I just recently replaced the battery.  The lights still turn on.  I heard a series of fast clicking sounds

685

What was the reason you replaced the battery? Was it sluggishly starting? If so, your starter may have been the culprit all along, by drawing too much power. Sounds like it may have gone out on you.

20

The car wouldn't start

20

Thank you ptkilbo.

20

Also, this morning when I discovered my car wouldn't start the lights worked and the alarm. At 8PM it was completely dead. Why do you suppose that happened.