I am probably about to buy a 2013 model midsize sedan. I have narrowed my search down to a fusion, an accord, and a sonata. Which should i pick

Asked by May 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I think all three are good choices. Check out car complaints.com and see how they rate with consumers, like yourself, over about the last five model years. Very informative website. HTH. -Jim

For just a little bit more money, about $1,000 you can get a 2013 Toyota Camry, holds it's re sale value better than any you are looking at, comes with 2 years free scheduled maintenance, oh man I could fill the page with praises of it, or for $5,000 LESS a Corolla, it's has a lot of room inside and every feature the others have. I got 38.8mpg on a long trip this month, but if I can't talk you in to that, get the Fusion or Honda. **BUT FIRST DO WHAT JIM SAID but include the Camry.

I've driven the 2012 Fusion SE (2.5L 4 cylinder) and found it to be a solidly built car with good fit & finish and decent performance. The 2013 model looks 100 times better with the redesign, but I would avoid the 1.6L Turbo and go for the 2.0L Turbo or 2.5L N/A 4 cylinder models for more HP. Accord is also a good choice. I'm still skeptical on Korean cars, so I can't recommend the Sonata even though Hyundai has made great strides in reliability, they still aren't up to speed IMO to the point that I'd commit to a 5 year note or even a 3 year lease on one.

Here in the Philly Metro Area, it seems like every 5th car I pass on the highway is a Toyota Camry (usually a tan or green one with a gutless and very sloooooow driver behind the wheel)...If you want to blend into the crowd and not be noticed, Camry is the way to go...Not saying it's a bad car, just TOO popular and flat-out boring IMHO (Although the new redesigned Toyota Avalon looks quite sharp..2014 model??). It's funny...I was thinking about creating a blog about tan & green Camry drivers being super lame on the highways, but THEN I saw this video made about an aggressive tan Camry driver in California (I was shocked as I can't picture this scenario in Philly): http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/pissed-off-toyota-camry-driver-tries-to.html