77 f 150 I still dont know what the issue is truck running nextthing it does not turn on.. Battery good cables good altrrnator good i think... Started when a wire by radio stated burning.. ???any other solutions ...

Asked by May 25, 2013 at 12:30 AM

What can i do this is frustrating?? Do i just take it to the
mechanic ???

210,685

I would if you don't know where to start looking for the problem. Electrical issues are a bear to deal with. Since you had a wire burning, you have a short somewhere under the dash. You might have to remove the dash to find the problem and know how to probe the connections and have a wiring diagram. I suggest you take it to a professional to diagnose it.

56,845

If this is an aftermarket radio double check all the electrical hook ups. Check your fuses as well. All of them. For a wire to get hot enough to burn you either have a bad short or bad overload on that wire or circuit. Actually a fuse should have blown BEFORE the wire started burning. Make sure your fuses are all the correct amperage for the circuit they are plugged into. NEVER ever put a fuse of a higher amperage into a circuit. If the correct amp fuse blows you have a problem and the fuse blows to prevent a fire. HTH. -Jim