2004 Suzuki Verona diagnosed with fuel trim bank 2 condition. Troubleshoot codes are P0174 and P017. Where should i begin the process of elimination.

Asked by May 21, 2013 at 08:06 AM

My initial problem was lack of power during accelleration (check engine light on) so i got diagnostics test.... bad coil.  I had it replaced and noticed significent improvement in power but soon thereafter (same day) check engine light on again but for different reason.

94,995

If the P0171 is combined with the P0174 code, it's very likely that the problem is caused by an intake leak. If there are no intake leaks, the next step is to replaced the air filter and clean the air flow meter. If the problem persist the front oxygen (O2) sensor may need to be replaced.

94,995

Possible causes -- Intake air leaks - Faulty front heated oxygen sensor - Ignition misfiring - Faulty fuel injectors - Exhaust gas leaks - Incorrect fuel pressure - Lack of fuel - Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor - Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

10

I had misfires in 4,5,6 + slow O2 sensor bank 2 S1. Replaced plugs coils and both upstream sensors, cleaned the MAS. Idles great but no power and misfires 4,5,6.. Suzuki says it's most likely clogged catalytic converter for bank 2 (rear)..

location o2 sensor bank1 sensor1 2004 suzuki verona

10

It is located on the passenger side (Bank 2) and under the EGR- upper O2. If you have ODBII, unplug the each upper O2, you will see the code errors. Quick way is replace both upper O2 (or Sensor 1). Good luck.

10

I have P0171 and P0174 code on my car. Replaced fuel pump. Is it fuel regulator next ??? Pls help.