I have a 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Euro dash light problem.

Asked by May 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM

When I exit car and shut door, dash lights come on(not dome light, radio light or gear indicator light) and stay on until battery dies. If you  turn on headlight switch they will go out. It takes numerous opening and closing door and turning headlights on and off to get them not to light up when you close the door. Happens the same with either door. Have tried new headlight switch with same results. Any help appreciated.

rock auto seems to have your lighting relay, but need to know what size engine you have~

you have the 3.6 V6....cannot find a LCM, or Relay we know that one must exist...perhaps am not searching the right keywords...you could look yourself at the relay box and see if one of them is designated for the interior/door lights...there should be some identification on the box lid.~

There is a timer built into the headlight switch that keeps the dash lights on for 30 secs after you close door. Tried new switch with same results. Did some more research and found out that GM had a problem with their radios shorting and feeding back through the dash lights. Unplugged radio and lights go off after 30 secs every time now.