Rough shifting automatic transmission in 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 litre .

30

Asked by May 19, 2013 at 06:04 PM

I  have  a  2002 Oldsmobile Aurora  3.5 litre  I   bought   new and  it  now  has  80,000  miles on  it.
It  is  now  beginning  to  shift  rough  ( on  occasion )  when   up  shifting  from   2nd  to  3rd .    The  
fluid  is  at  the  proper level  and  it  looks  clean  on  the  stick.   Most   times  it  shifts properly   but  
when  it  dose  shift  roughly  it  doesn't  seem  to  matter if  the  car  is  warm  or  if  it's  cold .

Do  you  have  any  suggestion  what may  be  causing  this  problem  and  what   I  could    do to
correct  it ?  
Thank  you

Transmission has been abused and compromised the integrity of the fluid, such that your filter is choked off and internal pressures are not right...bring it in for transmission service, they will change the filter and be sure to ask them to empty and refill the torque converter itself~

78,375

I had that same problem with my Buick, so I serviced the transmission fluid changed the filter and found varnish in the old screen so when I refilled the fluid I added a quart of transX to the fluid and started driving it as I normally did, it took about 3 days but it started to shift nice and smooth and was still doing so when I sold the car a year later. Maybe it will help yours.

85

if it is auto replace the atf oil and add in some additive from your local automotive store and it will soften up the seals and sometimes make shifting smother if the seals are the problem if not take it into a shop