Recommendations for new tires for a 2008 Nissan versa hatchback?

Asked by May 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Looking for good quality tires. Can T-speed tires be used? or best to stick to H.

any major tire maker, the country of your choice...do have my own personal choices, but if high wear is what you want is one tire, traction another...cold climate different than wet environment...understand... To answer this question with any dignity would stick to the factory size indicated on the driver's door post~........sooner or later, you'll own generals....lol~

T speed is fine as long as you do not intend to go faster than 118mph, the rating that "T" means, "H" is certified safe up to 130mph

P14-200-SR75 the sr was speed rating...part of the identification...we are supposed to go faster than 75.....the tire is designed for that?....safer and safer....everyday.

25,385

Well....Here on the East Coast in PA and NJ, the posted speed limits on the Interstates of 55 MPH or 65 MPH are merely a "suggestion"....Rush Hour is taken quite literally here and most people are doing upwards of 75 MPH (usually pushing 80-85 MPH or more)...with the exception of the perpetually slow Tan colored Camry's, Smart Cars and those God -Awful Prius's.....Soo...thankfully I've got a "W" speed rating (up to 168 MPH) on my MX-5, though I will never, ever go that fast..100 MPH is the fastest I've been in her so far...for a very short period of time (plus, I think the Speedo tops out @ 150MPH anyway..LOL!)

Hi Jocee!! There is not so much difference between T and H speed tires as they are rated for 118 and 130 mph respectively. Till past few years H speed and higher tires were only considered for some sports cars but the conditions have been changed up to so far. People are adopting all and making decision on their personal choice, so you should also evaluate your preferences and make decision accordingly. If you wish to see some good options then refer to http://wheels.net/wheels/nissan-rim.html and much more alike. Even you can consult with any mechanic for your fulfillment, however both the tires are equally advisable in my sight.