what Should The Timing Read On The Scanner For A1999 Silverado Pickup

Asked by May 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I Changed The Dist. And Want To Set The Timing.

93,175

The timing id controlled by the computer so the timing is not adjustable, if you turn the distributor you will be changing the Sync signal to the computer and will result in a check engine light, as you have already changed out the distributor you may have to take it to some one who can set the sync signal properly usually a Chevy dealer. As far as the scanner reading it could range anywhere from 10 to 32 degrees at idle in closed loop. Hope this helps.