1977 f150 how do u take off the light switch to be replaced?

Asked by May 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Where do u get 77 f150
light switch for head
lights ... I ran into an
issue where when I
turned light switch my
wipers where going off...
How can I fix this my
head lights are not
turning on ?

78,145

Sounds like you have a wiring or ground problem, you will need to remove the instrument cluster bezel to gain access to the wiper and headlight switch. If you look closely at both the headlight and wiper switch knobs you will notice a small notch at the base of each knob, use a small straight blade screwdriver, in the notch is a small clip that holds the knobs on you must hold some pressure outward on the clip as you pull the knobs off, after you get the knobs then remove all of the bezel cover screws and carefully remove bezel assembly you will have to unclip the light the illuminates the lettering for the wiper and headlights, then you can gain access to both switches via the vent opening. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Just replaced the light switch yesterday on a 1977 ranger f150 4x4. On my truck the headlight switch knob does not have a release on the back as the other post mentioned. You must remove the instrument bezel and detach the heater vent. On the top rear of the headlight switch there is a small hidden button (not the plastic one you can see) that when pressed and held down allows you to pull the headlight switch knob and shaft all the way out. After reassembliy, just insert the headlight shaft into the new switch and push firmly and it will snap in place.