which cars have a powered, hardtop to convertible mechanism for my wife?

Asked by May 12, 2013 at 07:07 PM

wife has mercedes SLK 350 and loves pushing a button 2-3 times per year and
converting her hardtop to a convertible. I can't get comfortable in the car and want a
different car, which retains that same feature she likes

92,425

Try the Lexus SC. I was checking them out when a IS-F caught my eye.

24,675

2-3 times per YEAR? Must not get warm enough to drop the top that often...Where do you live...Alaska??

too hot or too cold in modesto, ca

24,675

Hmm? I have a power hardtop convertible as well (though not as pricey as yours..Mazda MX-5). I have no problem dropping the top in 65 - 85 degress (or even 90 degree weather for that matter..as long as the humidity isn't insane). I'm on East Coast, no idea what Modesto Cali weather is like...'splain Lucy.

Out to lunch today, mothers day, OK to put top down going but had to put top up to come home, too hot, perhaps 95 as its 88 now at 6:30 pm

24,675

Ok...assuming 95 degrees + high humidity can be a bit taxing with the top down on the highway (or any road for that matter). Perhaps you need a car with ventilated seats that allow for cooling (I would think you can get THAT in a power hardtop convertible, especially in the price range of cars you already own). Actually surprised that the MB SLK doesn't have them as standard equipment....