2002 Taurus owner here with 211k miles. Tranny and engine are in good shape and are serviced like clockwork. Bout car with 148k miles on her. Love not having car payments, but debating how mich longer i can realticially hold on to her before the big repair bill comes like a new engine or tranny. My mechanic said the engine is still in good shape, and the tranny checkups and lubings show no red flags. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Asked by May 10, 2013 at 03:31 PM

2002 Ford Taurus. Good shape for 211k miles. Bought at 148k miles in 2008.

27,015

run er' till she quits.

96,155

Put money away every month to cover a repair bill or to make a down payment on the next car. Keep the oil changed and make small repairs.