I have a 1998 that I blew the original 3.8 in and replaced with a remanufactured 3.8 and since installing it has blown 2 rear main seals, the oil pressure runs high approx 100 psi±. Can you recommend a fix, I like the car but can't keep dumping oil and money into it!!!!!!!!!

30

Asked by May 09, 2013 at 09:56 PM

25,335

Dont even know what kind of car it is

Is there a question in there somewhere? we just bein' choosy?

Painted by my wife [Claudia Hacker] in 1991 when I bought two chevy trucks from a rummage sale~ a '52 and a '53 ....sheeesh, I could write a book on what I've learned from buyin' two of grandpa's trucks....216...no oil pump..splash oiler....crank hole for crank starting...never could get either to run....should have invested and got a 235 with an oil pump....whew..~

Old Chevy's do in fact DIE, are pieced or at peace...not sure which is appropriate...feel comfort in that shiny grille (an $150 item) instantly was sold from the salvage yard....cashed 'em in and could not resist a beautiful looking 1961 Olds dynamic 88 that was just sitting there only needed a door hinge that we had left over from partin' out one of his 62 buicks, and it ran just fine...only like a dope decided it should be fitted with unleaded gas valve seats and so $3500 later had a car with a very spongy and soft Oldsmobile Dyno-saur wonker--and loose body mounts and tie rod ends and control arm bushings and spent the wad on something that came out second rate because it needed all weather stripping~

...just donated the bitch and wrote that one off...still payin' the credit card bills from this error in judgement...but a lesson in trying to bring around the old beauties....it don't happen by itself as every single system is played to hell by the elements and air flow drying everything out over the years....consider how do things smell? well it's little atoms of what the thing is dislodging from the thing and going into your nazal spectral analyzers, eventually it "runs out of smell" or is "sniffed out" as things can get sometimes, but a hound dog who's sense of smell if a couple of hundred thousand times more sensitive than a human will still find it~

30

Sorry, it is a 98 Camaro

My 2006 Mini Cooper still smells and looks brand new, if it weren't for a small pellet chuck on the windshield and behind a gravel truck treatment of the front hood would be perfect...point is smells can last, if you are diligent about keeping them that way....NO dogs...No smoking....No nudity...on the mini's leather upholstery~

knew eventually you'd get around to it~ Does it sound like a can of marbles? is it time for a Jasper remanufactured engine....call for availability, they could have one ready to go....guaranteed for 100,000 miles these rebuilds are superior and are built with all brand new parts~

30

As I mentioned this is a fresh engine been in only a year

did you put a "high pressure" oil pump in there?....well mister I hope that you've learned your lesson now...you know by changing out the spring you can make a high-pressure into a standard volume pump....seals will blow....shoulda known ...yes you shoulda~

Best Answer
30

Thanks, I thought the engine manufacturer would build the motor with the right parts, not sure what they actually put in there, good to know that it can be saved.

found this one out when I hammered and welded the oil pan from the thrown rod from my 400 impala engine and was putting together a short block....little did I know the crankshaft was terribly bent....how was I supposed to know, the thing was all disassembled on a palette~....ya takes your chances, I guess~ found out about the high- capacity pumps the hard way...as you have now too....just meditate on oiling for a sec...these moving parts just need some oil....a drip every so often is fine....we aren't using the oil stream to run it thru a cooler, are we? we really don't need this....motor will be just fine as long as there is SOME oil...OK...okays~

30

Thanks again, now I just have to find the money, and a place to drop the motor and get this fixed

209,885

Jsspers usually come with a 3 year- 36K warranty for parts. I would think you would still qualify?