i just want to know if all mini coopers are assembled in germany, because i want one assembled in US

Asked by May 08, 2013 at 10:52 AM

25,005

Mini Coopers are produced by BMW Group, in a manufacturing plant in Oxford, England. They aren't made in the USA at all..but seem to be selling like hotcakes here though....

but in the VIN (vehicle identify number) the first letter is the W for germany, i want to know if i can find one made in US

The Mini Hatch/Hardtop, Clubman, Convertible, Coupe and Roadster are assembled at Plant Oxford in Cowley, United Kingdom, and the Countryman and Paceman are assembled by Magna Steyr in Austria. As Racer stated: NONE are made in USA

223,535

OP you might be confused, here is a Mini VIN decoder, the first number of the VIN is country of assembly.... http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vindecoder.php

25,005

WHY exactly do you have this special need/desire/wish for it to made in the USA, anyway?? Do you think if there WAS a Mini that was made in the USA, that parts/repair for it might be cheaper? LOL!

105

THAT (cheaper) would happen when ‘pigs can fly!’ lol :-)