Is a Volvo2001 s80 T6 EX a good car to buy?

Asked by May 07, 2013 at 08:28 PM

I being offered this vehicle to buy but I don't know much about it, I need feedback.

27,025

Volvo makes very good and dependable cars (with a couple exceptions..i.e. older XC90 SUV models). The S80 is a good choice though. What kind of miles on it? What's the overall condition of car and check the Turbocharger..on a 2001 with higher miles, it may need replacing. Here's a good write-up on it: http://www.edmunds.com/volvo/s80/2001/

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you, the vehicle has 130k on it, good condition,would this miles still affects the turbocharger?

27,025

With 130k miles, I would suggest getting the car and the turbo looked at by a trusted mechanic. What is the selling price??

$3000 is that fair?

27,025

Assuming that the car is at least in Average condition AND the Turbo still works ok, I'd say $2500 would be fair with 130k miles on it. Get the car checked out by a mechanic before you offer anyone a dime for it.