How many speeds does a v4 84 fiero have?

Asked by May 06, 2013 at 05:14 PM

you mean Automatic...I believe it to have the ole' reliable 3 speed GM slushbox~

Manuals have a five speed, standard, as I recall--been a lot of years---~

345

Judge, I believe that you're correct about the automatic transmission, but I'm pretty sure that you're wrong about the manual. '84 was the only year that Pontiac didn't offer a 5 speed manual transmission for the Fiero. Instead, it was a 4 speed. However, from '85 onward, 5 speeds were offered.

247,445

Plus the engine in '84 was an 2.5L I4 not a V4 as the OP posted.

99,245

The '84 had the "Iron Duke" I4 engine and either a four speed manual transmission or a three speed automatic. Above the car's taillights were the letters "2M4" which meant a two-seat, mid-engined car with a four- cylinder engine.

That whole answer was a wild-burro guess launched out of my imagination...thank god I've got a fertile imagination then...Still it is so much fun to touch a fuse off and hear things like "Iron Duke"...you know I'd have NEVER known that little factoid...makes it all so much fun to be associated with you all...you make me proud everyday!

probably is not running in a heap in grampa's driveway~

Eric?

The "iron duke" was all-aluminum...LOL~