1994 Ford Tarus

Asked by May 05, 2013 at 04:06 PM

My housekeeper's car will not come out of Park.  It has been acting up for about a month
but today, she has had no luck.  Any suggestions until she can get to a garage.  She
does not have the money to have towed.  Thank you

27,505

is it a column shift or floor shift?

97,995

Not much you can do except for stomping on the brake pedal and hoping that it's a interlock that needs adjusting.

It is a floor shift ((automatic)

27,505

Well I cant find a good picture of the shifter. but there should be a shift interlock override buttom to where you can get it out of park. if it doesnt have one you could take the trim off the side of the shifter and disconnect the solenoid and get it out of park that way.

27,505

check the fuses to the shift interlock one may have blown causing this issue also