OK I've got an 86 mustang four cylinder, I want to convert it to a 302, I've got the motor, tranny, radiator, what else do I need for the swap?????

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 06:01 PM

Question type: Car Customization

2 Answers


Will the rear axle take the power? How about a brake upgrade?

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Motor mounts, new cross member, PCM, engine wiring harness, exhaust, possible driveshaft, rear axle like tenspeed said, the 4cyl used a 7.5" open dif, vs an 8.8" limited slip on the V8. It's best to find a donor V8 car and swap everything over. Look at the forums on www.corral.net to get some more info and ideas.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Car Customization Questions

Car Customization Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 5,370
Reputation 3,410
#3 dandyoun
Reputation 3,290
View All