Is it possible my info was sent to wrong dealer?

Asked by Apr 30, 2013 at 07:54 AM

I tried to immediately make contact with dealer after receiving car pic and details.
Dealer answered same day only to say that specific car was not on their lot and I
was given three other cars (only ones on their lot) with higher prices and mileage.

More than likely you are the victim of "bait & switch"....they show you 1 car (that they'll say was just sold last night when you drive to see it though) to get you into the dealership and then try to sell you on something else.

not realy once you go on your cars ad and send a email on that ad it goes directly to the dealer that the car belongs to

You are correct @ Nosmo....When you reply to a Dealer Ad on here it does go to that specific dealer. Still...the Dealer could have pulled a fast one here to try to lure Alyce into the Dealership..just sayin'

Thanx to each of you that answered my question. Your answers were confirmation that I was correct in my earlier thoughts. I tried to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt but I wholeheartedly agree that it was definitely "bait and switch". Again, thanks!