Car headlights

Asked by Apr 29, 2013 at 02:26 AM

Ok I was thinking about getting green headlights for my car. But i
don't know is if is is against the law in the state of Illinois. I think
that it would look cool. And please don't leave stupid comments

98,075

Green would get you a ticket in New York. Does your state have vehicle inspections? Ask them or ask a police officer.

98,075

Headlight Requirements --- All automobiles in the United States are required to have two working headlights. When illuminated, vehicle headlights are required to shine an amber-colored or white light. Motorcycles and other two-wheeled vehicles are required to have one headlight, and the illumination color requirements for these vehicles are the same as with four-wheeled automobiles. Not adhering to these headlight requirements is a primary violation of the motor vehicle code in all states, meaning a police officer can pull you over even if no other violation is apparent. ---- http://www.ehow.com/list_6961733_headlight-illumination- requirements.html

25,815

So WHY are some cars allowed with the HID lights that have that very noticeable bluish light on them? I see that ALL the time here in the Garden State and neighboring Keystone State (PA)??

241,705

Can you even buy green ones? If you can , they are for show only not driving on state roads no matter how cool they are.

Ya you can buy all kind of bulbs, thanks for the input