Tenspeed and judge can you give some advice on this on. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t8334_ds545328. Thanks

114,235

Asked by Apr 26, 2013 at 08:19 PM

did not play in that show, but would first ask 'why innahell would someone do this? if you're wondering if it will turn, would simply turn it by hand...some people's kids, I tell ya~

a lot of dynamic forces must be quashed with the rubber lined balancer, without it things will not be "in balance"...this is not preferred....suppose it could theoretically rip the engine mounts out with unrestrained power?...no have not wanted to see the result of runnin' without this critical component for a smooth engine~

Best Answer Mark helpful

I'm drinkin' a sierra nevada pale ale right now....it's yummy~

114,235

Thanks judge. Did not consider the damper effects. Going to put it back on without acc belts or guards and use mirror to try and see leak. I knew I could count on you and tenspeed to set me straight. Thanks

you know runnin without could very well have caused/exacerbated this leak....dirtyrotten thing that, if this is the case~

114,235

Never ran without it.

114,235

Ok we now have a winner. It was the front main seal. Without guards in place and with use of mirror was able to find it for sure. Due to being a cheap a$$ old man I opted to buy an inexpensive complete gasket and seal set on line back when I was doing the heads. This makes the third one of that set to start leaking since they were replaced. Ok I have learned my lesson. Will only use felpro or other high quality gaskets/seals in the future. Going to go ahead and replace all but the head gaskets and cam seals while I got it apart. When one of these goes I will replace them all also. Reminder to self--all because they say its the same quality does not mean that it is-- Thanks to all for your help and input.

Yay~