89 rx7 vert ,mazda dealer has it for a month now and $3700 bill and still can't get it running,new gas and purge new filter,test spark,test the coils,test comprestion,new engnishion ,got other used pcu,ecu off ebay ,nothing is working help me please.......going poor and crazy

Asked by Apr 24, 2013 at 08:59 AM

will turn forever till flodding re-charge battery and do it more,starter is good,this young ponk kid at mazda is working on it with old guy and tryed all of the obove in the question area ,they got an old tester from an old mechanic retird 5 years and it said coed 1 electrical ,now thay want me to pay for a wireing harnis  $$$$$$ HELP!!!!!

me again .I told them to retest with the pcu/ecu and see if we get a coed 1 again,if so the old one is not NFG,could the timing chain jumped a little the last time I had it running?its funny .it sat for 3 years without turning over once,I got in it pumped the gas twice and it started on the first turn ,ran it for 15 min and the next day stoped and will not start at all.and that was in jan 25th ,I tryed for a month but gave up,in march towed it to mazda ,london ontario,

78,425

Sounds like the engine seals have went out. I used to hot rod these things and after about 10 full throttle runs at over 10 grand in RPM's the top seals wore out from just the force on the rotor housings, the seals also went bad if I just let an engine sit for a period of time, the seal springs lost tension, the only way I could then get it to start was to take out the lower spark plugs and pump a little automatic trans fluid into the spark plug hole reinstall the plugs and crank it over, they usually started but what a smoking mess it made till the tranny fluid got burned out of the engine and exhaust system. Sp have them shut off the fuel and clear the flooded engine then have them but some tranny fluid in it like above and then turn on the fuel and see if it starts, if it does then you engine needs repaired.

but the guy tested the compression and it was good?if the seal was out as you say would that not change the compression psi lower??

78,425

The rotary engine uses a special compression tester that used a graph paper that shows compression for each rotor surface. Did he give you the print out of the tester?

hi guys just talked to to dealer and the compression test are in#1 is 683-701-746 its ok #2 is 766-792-789 is good ,I got a other pcm cause of the dealer said did not like the code 1 ,so I got other one and they will put an old tester on it to check if they still get a code 1 that will tell me if the pcm was the electrical problem or not if not then I can resell it to recoop the cash out the door.,the dealer is not wanting to work on this car anymore,the next step she told me was a electrical harnis,what do you tink?

hay got more info ,dealer checked out the second pcm and got the same code 1 but this time said no spark to the pcm?is that shop talk for no electricity going to the pcm?,there talking to an engieneer in home office to help them out.another $200 out the door.