best starter car for new driver

Asked by Apr 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

what car would you recommend for a new driver - second hand not more than $7000?

Something slow and safe with airbags...recommend the scion IQ~

you can lease one for not too much money, that way if you wreck it, won't really matter.

in my opinion for new drivers i wouldnt just go buy a new car especially with the risk of messing something up and there expensive to fix if anything does happen. i would go with and older model subaru or even a mitsubishi AWD deffinately helps when you first start driving i have a 98 impreza my self. but judge_roy's idea isnt bad at all either sicons are amazing cars.

Ford Crown Vic, decent $4k to 7k large & safe readily available repairs reasonable parts accessible

yes....a decommissioned Police Interceptor...nothing is cooler than the roar of a 5.6 Liter FORD~

I would say that you would want a car that is relatively safe with all the new safety technology, cheap to insure, reliable, and sips gas. Your best bet in the $7000 catagory would be the 2007 Nissan Versa hatchback...look on Craigslist or

I've always recommended SUV's. Chevy has always treated my family great. Look at trailblazer, Tahoe, Suburban. Ford has great SUV's as well. Safe, reliable, and great cars to start with. Good luck in your search.