Which is the best---- Mercedes M class, Acura MDX, or Audi Q7????

Asked by Apr 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM

26,795

That's sort of a broad question. Also, what is "Best" to you may not be to someone else. Some people buy the Mercedes or Audi to "keep up with the Joneses" and impress their neighbors and BS like that. Of the 3, I would pick the Acura MDX for as it will be more reliable, less costly to repair and less costly to purchase. AND you will still have a high end SUV ..Also, I believe the 2014 MDX will have the new "Cylinder Deactivation" feature allowing you to operate it as a V6 for power & accereration OR as a 4 cylinder for fuel economy...Not sure what Mercedes/Audi offer along these lines though. Check Consumer Reports for Reliability Reports for these SUV's...you can get an on-line subscription for a low price and it's worth its weight in gold, IMO.

Thank you so much, very helpful information, I really appreciate it.

101,525

Check them all out and see which fit your needs. The Audi Q7 is offering a diesel 3.0L this year and I believe the 4.0L V8 has cylinder deactivation. It may also have the system that shuts the engine off when waiting at red lights. It restarts when you take your foot off the brake. As RacerX said, check Consumer Reports and you can find magazine articles and YouTube videos featuring reviews and comparisons. You will see more features and luxury in the Audi and Mercedes.