why is GMC so much more expensive than Chevy, there the same truck, but with a different name. this confuses me

1,115

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 04:58 PM

237,015

Did you compare the trucks with the same options?

3,150

Where is the fancy pants G.M. rep who was on here earlier, I'm sure she'd know.

2,385

well GMC is usually beter quality than chevy. It also depends what modle it is.Like for GMC they are known for the Denali and chevy is known for the SS. The SS is just modified outside and the Denali is just modified inside. Most people perfer the quality of the denali because the interior is beter quality than the SS.

1,115

Tom yes, there is no difference to me mrmoony haha im sure shed know nosmo i understand, but they are the same exact frame engine and drivetrain, body and comfort. the only differences are the model names, such as LS for chevy, SLE for GMC. i dont get why gmc is so much more considering all the similarities.

237,015

I found this article, it might help. All comes down to image....http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Gear/2012/0612/Sticker-price-confusion-Why-do-GMC-trucks-cost-more-than-Chevy

3,150

I know the older trucks, the GMC's were heavier duty in regards to more rear springs and more ply's in the tires from the factory.