How much should it cost to rebuild an engine on a 08 dodge charger 3.5l v6 vin g eight digit rwd

Asked by Apr 05, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I broke down 2 days before
Christmas comming back from
working out of town on my way my
oil light came on a second later my
engine shut off and coasted off the
road only had the vehicle for two
months and I checked my oil before I
headed back home my extended
warranty dont want to cover it and
neither does the dealership but both
dealerships said they don't know
where the oil went cause the engine
was not cracked and said it would
cost more to rebuild it then buying a
used one and replacing it so I'm
asking what's a reasonable price

90,025

"said it would cost more to rebuild it then buying a used one and replacing it " -- I agree with that statement. Buying a used engine will cost less. Some scrap yards will sell you the engine and install it for you. Many independent shops will install it too. Call around in your area and ask for estimates. Find out if they will give you any warranties and see if there are any parts that should be changed (like water pumps and timing chains) before the engine goes in.

2,165

YEAH MAN YOU COULD PICK UP A USED ENGIE FOR $800 AT A SALVAGE YARD.And you could even get a hemi for $1000. Rebuilding the engine will cost $4000. So I would go with the used engine.The used engine could even come with a 2 year waranty.