I have a 96 4 cylinder S-10,with a bad engine..I just purchased a 98 roll-over,from the salvage auction,which runs good..I"m being told,that the 98 will not work properly,in the 97... This seems wrong,as I"m going to use the harness/computer out of the 98..Any Ideas???Will I need anything else out of the 98??

Asked by Apr 02, 2013 at 04:19 PM

Question type: General

2 Answers

OOPS!! I meant 97,not 96..


Are the engines the same? I would first try the new engine with the old harness and computer. Switch things over as needed.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Is it OK to buy a vehicle with a salvaged title if it looks and drives well? 5 answers

    Buying a vehicle with a salvaged title.

    2007 Hyundai Sonata SE



  • 98 Subaru engine needed 1 answer

    I hope someone can answer me this question. I just bought a 98 Subaru outback ( legacy) and the family/friends had it checked before sale as check engine light was on. I drove it and it died. I had ...

    2000 Subaru Outback



  • Gas guzzler ? 3 answers

    anybody know what kind of gas mileage I should be getting w/my 98 Its a 4 cyl. and the most I can ever get is 20 highway?

    1998 Chevrolet S-10



  • What is wrong with my '98 SW1? 1 answer

    I have a 1998 sw1. It runs really well till recently. It's an automatic but it seems like some days when I step on the gas it doesn't shift properly and at times gets almost to the red on the tac ...

    1998 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SW1 Wagon



  • 98 cv 6 answers

    98 cv, picked up from Pepboys today, c/e lite off, i press on accelerator, car only goes 1 mph! this is after car dying, towed to Pepboys and alternator/battery fixed for $500 (towing/battery/alternat...

    1998 Ford Crown Victoria


    Maintenance & Repair


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 44,960
Reputation 38,150
#3 FordNut
Reputation 30,460
View All